Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Blogging Again?!

Here we are, in Tyler Tomlinson's New Media class during the fall three week and he, of course, wants us to blog.  In three years, I have had to blog in three classes! Hearing the word blog from my instructor sometimes is a positive for me and sometimes is a negative. 


Positives: I get to speak my mind.  No one can tell me that I am wrong (well, they can comment and tell me that I am wrong, but do I care? No!).  I also get to blog on my own time.  And hopefully I can choose my own topics.


Negatives: The instructor always has a topic that you have to stick to while blogging.  If it is not interesting to me, it makes it  much harder for me to figure out what I want to blog about.  Sometimes there are deadlines and a required number of blogs that I have to get done in the class.  I have apprehensions of forgetting to blog because of how busy I am, or having to put blogging off to the last minute and not being able to give my full potential to my research. 


Well, this class seems like it is different.  I hope Tyler is very lenient on what we can blog about and lets us be creative.  In my past blogs, if you have taken time out to read them, you will see that they are topic based. These topics were decided in my classes.  One of the blogs has to do with what I have read in a textbook and the other blog I was able to choose my topic, but I had to blog about that topic during the whole duration of the class. Tyler Tomlinson, GIVE ME THE FREEDOM to blog about what I want to blog about and whatever I am feeling at the time.  I don't know why I am begging because I probably will not get too much freedom.

2 comments: